The Presence of God Matters Most – It is all we need and nothing else will do. We desire God’s presence more than anything else. We desire to live and minister from His presence. Our goal is for everyone to encounter His presence and learn to walk in it more fully.
- It impacts where we go – Exodus 33:15 ESV – And he said to him, “If your presence will not go with me, do not bring us up from here..
- It impacts how we live – Acts 17:28 ESV for “‘In him we live and move and have our being'”
- Our direction comes from Him – Psalm 127:1 ESV – “Unless the LORD builds the house, those who build it labor in vain. Unless the LORD watches over the city, the watchman stays awake in vain.”
- It is our purpose – Ephesians 4:13 ESV – until we all attain to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to mature manhood, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ
- Revelation 4:11 – “Worthy are you, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they existed and were created.”
Our Direction/Expectation – Ever Increasing Glory – Our mandate and our privilege is to co-labor in His ever expanding and victorious Kingdom.
- It was first established with Adam and Eve – His desire was for them to extend the garden of Eden by taking dominion over all things.
- Jesus shared the mandate as well – Mark 16:15 ESV – “And he said to them, “Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation.””
- We were created to do this. We were given authority and power – in the resurrection
- The power and love of Christ is to be made manifest in us – in community with each other.
The Heart of our Father is Reconciliation – We desire “messy” ministry. We will always seek the opportunity to restore in love and grace. This is the heart of our Father.
- Colossians 1:19 – 20 – “For in him all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell, and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether on earth or in heaven, making peace by the blood of his cross.”
- Romans 3:23 – “for all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God”
None of this negates the need for discipleship and accountability. Our motivation here is borne out of a need to represent our Father well – who paid the ultimate price for our adoption into His family.
Relationship based – Christ taught us to function together in community – While this is difficult it is also the basis of multiplication and demonstrated spirit life lived out. We resolve issues not ignore them. We seek to restore not judge. Jesus taught us how to walk with each other. This can only be done in the power of the Holy Spirit.
- Romans 12:5 ESV – “so we, though many, are one body in Christ, and individually members one of another.”
- 1 Corinthians 12:12 ESV – “For just as the body is one and has many members, and all the members of the body, though many, are one body, so it is with Christ.”
- Psalm 133:1 ESV – “A Song of Ascents. Of David. Behold, how good and pleasant it is when brothers dwell in unity!”
- Ephesians 3:10 ESV – “So that through the church the manifold wisdom of God might now be made known to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly places.”
Honor and Love – We will live and walk with one another in the love of our Father. We can love because He first loved us. All of us have significance. None is greater than another. We will demonstrate the truth of the gospel in us by our love for one another. Being valued and significant is our belief in all of us. Honor means we seek to see what God is doing in and through those around us.
- 1 Corinthians 13:1 – 3 – “If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.”
- Romans 12:10 ESV – “Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor.”
- We are careful with one another – helping to call forth what God sees in another and desires to bring forth
Signs and Wonders – We desire and expect an environment where the miraculous is continual and increasing– this is the demonstration of his love and power to the world around us. We do not seek signs and wonders for the sake of validating us or for signs and wonders alone – we want all the glory due our Father’s name. It is his heart that is perfect for all those around us. We are called to be the city on a hill – we must let the light of true freedom to shine in all the dark places around us.
- 1 Corinthians 2:3 – 5 – “And I was with you in weakness and in fear and much trembling, and my speech and my message were not in plausible words of wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power, so that your faith might not rest in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.”
- Matthew 5:14 ESV – “You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden.”
- Isaiah 60:1 – 5 – “Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the LORD has risen upon you. For behold, darkness shall cover the earth, and thick darkness the peoples; but the LORD will arise upon you, and his glory will be seen upon you. And nations shall come to your light, and kings to the brightness of your rising. Lift up your eyes all around, and see; they all gather together, they come to you; your sons shall come from afar, and your daughters shall be carried on the hip. Then you shall see and be radiant; your heart shall thrill and exult, because the abundance of the sea shall be turned to you, the wealth of the nations shall come to you.”
Doing ministry culture – We are all ministers of the gospel – we are called into the world. Go forth is the call. Not because we are perfect but because the world needs what we carry – all seven mountains. We carry his presence with us everywhere we go.
- 2 Corinthians 3:6 – “Who has made us sufficient to be ministers of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit. For the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.”
- Romans 2:13 – “For it is not the hearers of the law who are righteous before God, but the doers of the law who will be justified.”
- James 1:22 – “But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.”
- John 21:17 – “He said to him the third time, “Simon, son of John, do you love me?” Peter was grieved because he said to him the third time, “Do you love me?” and he said to him, “Lord, you know everything; you know that I love you.” Jesus said to him, “Feed my sheep.”
Stewardship – We work as a body to grow in stewardship of the Father’s grace around us. This requires trial and testing but it also involves joy and victory. The parable of the talents shows us God is a rewarder of those you are faithful regardless of our gifts. We are all rich in him. Our mindset must be transformed to be more like him.
- Matthew 10:41 – “The one who receives a prophet because he is a prophet will receive a prophet’s reward, and the one who receives a righteous person because he is a righteous person will receive a righteous person’s reward.”
- Proverbs 8:17 – “I love those who love me, and those who seek me diligently find me.”
- Hebrews 11:6 – “But without faith [it is] impossible to please [Him], for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and [that] He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.”
- Galatians 6:8 – 10 – “For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life. And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all, especially to those who are of the household of faith.”
Mindset – We must not limit our ministry based on our experience or our understanding. The truth and the power of the Gospel will be our guide. Our minds are set on Him – He is our source and our purpose
- Matthew 17:20 – “So Jesus said to them, “Because of your unbelief; for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you.”
- 2 Corinthians 1:20 – “For all the promises of God in Him [are] Yes, and in Him Amen, to the glory of God through us.”
- 2 Peter 1:4 – “By which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption [that is] in the world through lust.”
Discipleship- We support an atmosphere of training and fatherhood in order to release a
Community of disciples instead of stopping at converts. We put emphasis on Generational
leadership training and equipping of successors.
- Matthew 28:19 – “Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit”
- Colossians 1:23 – “If indeed you continue in the faith, stable and steadfast, not shifting from the hope of the gospel that you heard, which has been proclaimed in all creation under heaven, and of which I, Paul, became a minister.”
We have an awesome and scary privilege to walk in unity with Him and each other. May we not waste any of the things God wants to do in and through each other. May we build each other up to ensure we all obtain the promise of him who is able.